Live Stream Requirements
- OBS Studio: Download and install OBS Studio from https://obsproject.com/
- Open OBS and go to Settings > Output > Output Mode and select Advanced, then change below where it says "Keyframe Interval" and enter 1 in the input box, then click OK. This step must be done one time only and the setting will be remembered afterwards.
- We recommend keeping the Bitrate setting between 2500-3500 Kbps.
- LARIX Broadcaster app: You can stream live from your phone using the Larix Broadcaster app. Just launch RockNTixLive.com in your phone browser and launch Larix Broadcaster. Here's a link demonstrating how to create a new RTMP connection by entering your RockNTix Live! stream url and stream key as well as username and password into Larix. This example uses Restream as an example, but you will create a new RTMP connection by entering your RockNTix Live! stream url and stream key combined in one line (separated by a /), as well as your RocknTIx Live! username and password. Make sure to use the above bitrate and keyframe interval parameters above when setting up your connection in Larix: LARIX APP SETUP
- RESTREAM: You can also stream live using Restream by creating a custom desintation to RockNTix Live!
- Get familiar with how OBS works, how to set up scenes, or other basic setup configurations.
- OBS tutorials and guides are largely available, i.e. https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/the-most-in-depth-obs-course-ever-made.601/
Starting a Live Stream
- Log in and click the Go Live! button at the top of the screen; OR
- Go to Media Library (Uploads).
- From the icon toolbar located on the left side, click on "Streams".
- From the icon toolbar located on the right side, click on "Add New Stream".
- You will be prompted with a popup where you can set the title, description, tags and select the category of the live stream.
- After submitting, you will see the "Stream Setup" page.
- The "Stream Server" and "Stream Name/Key" will need to be added in OBS.
- Open OBS and go to Settings > Stream.
- At "Service", select "Custom...".
- At "Server" copy/paste the "Stream Server" from the site.
- At "Stream key" copy/paste the "Stream Name/Key" from the site.
- Click OK.
- Click Start Streaming.
- If you see the green square, then your stream is live.
- Your live stream will be listed in the Browse Streams section and on the homepage.
- To stop streaming, open OBS and click the Stop Streaming button.
- After the live stream ends, a VOD will be saved and listed in the Browse Stream section, in the Recent tab.